================●●●●==================
By Million Abebe (Masters in English and B. Ed. Degree in Pedagogy)
================●●●●==================
Welcome to Yes Smart Education >> G-12 Entrance+
================●●●●==================
Instructions:
- All the next questions are taken from Grade 12 Ethiopian University
- Entrance English Exams!
- All of them are only about Modal Verbs!
- Check yourself doing them on a piece of paper and getting correction (seeing key answers)!
- Choose the best answer!
Note: See the links to "Answers, Explanations, Exam Techniques, Smart Note..." at the END!
If you have not yet read, read the Smart Note on Modal Verbs: click here!
===============
Challenge-1
1. You_______ go to bed before midnight if you have the habit of getting up late. (G-12: Entrance)
A. will not
C. must not
B. may not
D. cannot
2. Shopkeeper: Try this one. It may fit you better.
Customer: ____. I don't like the color. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Yes, I will
B. Of course I will
C. No, I will
D. No, I will not
3. They had to get togcther at six in the morning and when we got up at 5:45 a.m, we thought we wouldn't make it. However, we ______ get there before they left. (G-12: Entrance)
A. must be able
B. could be able
C. are able
D. were able
4. We are not sure but there _____ be another rise in the price of petrol. (G-12: Entrance)
A. could
B. should
C. will
D. would
5. Lab Technician: "Should you have worn your gloves?"
Student: "_____ my gloves." (G-12: Entrance)
A. No, I will not wear
B. No, I should have worn
C. Yes, I should have worn
D. Yes, I shouldn't have worn
6. I couldn't hear what the teacher was saying during the lesson, but I think I _______ him to be louder. (G-12: Entrance)
A. would have asked
B. could ask
C. could have asked
D. would ask
7. You ______ submit the assignment now although it has not been edited. I know how serious the instructors is with deadlines and he could give you a zero. (G-12: Entrance)
A. ought to
B. had better
C. might
D. would
8. It is a pity she didn't see her brother. Had she arrived a day earlier, she _______ met him and enjoyed a bit of time with him. (G-12: Entrance)
A. will have
B. must have
C. should have
D. could have
9. He has been paralayzed for months and was literally bed-ridden. Thanks God, he now is _____ walk around in the house. (G-12: Entrance)
A. able to
B. interested in
C. feeling able to
D. turning able to
10. There are thousands of displaced people in different parts of the country who have no proper shelter, food or cloth. Don't you think we ______ help them? (G-12: Entrance)
A. shall
B. ought to
C. might
D. could
Challenge-2
1. You have been coughing the whole afternoon. _______? (G-12: Entrance)
A. Why do you do that
B. Is syrup good for that
C. Why don't you see your doctor
D. Is that problem vry common
2. It was announced yesterday that would be a staff meeting tomorrow at 9:00 am and we all have been urged that no one miss it. I think, we _____ attend. (G-12: Entrance)
A. do not have to
B. must
C. should
D. have to
3. Ms. Adanech strictly warned her students that missing classes without having due reason will be costly. She is of the opinion that everybody ______ attend class regularly. (G-12: Entrance)
A. should
B. has to
C. needs to
D. must
4. In his debut appearance to his club last week, Abdulkerim ____ score two goals. (G-12: Entrance)
A. was able to
B. might be able to
C. could
D. can
5. Oh! The time is now just 3:00 pm and if you go now, _____ her in her office. (G-12: Entrance)
A. could meet
B. will meet
C. would meet
D. might meet
6. You _____ speak to him like that. After all, he is your elder brother and deserves some respect. (G-12: Entrance)
A. ought not to
B. will rather not
C. will not
D. might not
7. I _____ come but it all depends on whether or not it rains.My advice is that, you start right on time with whatever the number of attendees you happen to have. (G-12: Entrance)
A. must
B. will
C. may
D. shall
8. Worku: "Would you like to accompany us to Sodere?"
Tariku: "_____. But I am not feeling well today." (G-12: Entrance)
A. No, I wouldn't
B. I would love to
C. I will not to
D. Yes, I should
9. When I was child, I _____ sing much better. (G-12: Entrance)
A. can
B. could
C. will
D. would
10. I know you don't want me to, but I _____ it anyway. (G-12: Entrance)
A. might have done
B. am going to do
C. could
D. would have done
Challenge-3
1. My watch _____ be wrong as I set it by the radio clock this morning. (G-12: Entrance)
A. can't
B. may not
C. will not
D. need not
2. If your brother is in difficult financial circumstances, you _____ help him. (G-12: Entrance)
A. must
B. ought to
C. have to
D. have got to
3. I think it is going to rain. What _____ we do? (G-12: Entrance)
A. shall
B. might
C. ought
D. could
4. Doctors _________ help you unless you tell them what’s wrong. (G-12: Entrance)
A. can’t
B. couldn’t
C. shouldn’t
D. mustn’t
5. Jorgo has a very old mum who can hardly do anything. He ______ take care of her as he is her only son. (G-12: Entrance)
A. may
B. must
C. shall
D. ought to
6. How ______ a three-year-old child be expected to tie his shoelaces without any help? (G-12: Entrance)
A. may
B. must
C. has
D. can
7. I’m not being superstitious, but you ______ something earlier that brought you this bad luck. (G-12: Entrance)
A. should have to do
B. would have done
C. might have been doing
D. must have done
8. ____ need further clarification, give us a call or pay us a visit. We will be happy to assist. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Should you
B. You will
C. You may
D. Would you
9. The fact is that I didn't know she was in such a serious problem. Now, you calm down and I ____ do everything possible. OK? (G-12: Entrance)
A. may
B. can
C. will
D. am going to
10. I don't I will need a hand. I am sure I _____ manage to get it upstairs. (G-12: Entrance)
A. will
B. may
C. must
D. can
Click here to see the ANSWERS!
☞ Explanations for Entrance Questions about Modal Verbs (of the above questions) with:
☆ Exam Techniques☆ Brief Rules Summaries
■■■■■■■■■ / /■■■■■■■■■■■
Click me!
All our contents in one place (Both English and Aptitude)
- Smart Notes [ALL]
- G-12 Entrance Questions [ALL]
- Explanations for Entrance [ALL]
- Exam Techniques [ALL]
- Study Techniques [ALL]
- Answers [ALL]
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Mes question next do
ReplyDeleteThanks for your participation but I can't understand your idea!
Delete