===========●●●●=============
Welcome to Yes Smart Education >> G-12 Entrance
===========●●●●=============
By Million Abebe (Masters in English and B. Ed. Degree in Pedagogy)
===========●●●●=============
Instruction-1: Choose the best answer that complete the given dialogue!
Instruction-2: Do the next 3 key things while practicing these and any other practice questions:
1. Practice/do these questions by writing the answers on pieces of paper!
2. Get correction by cross-checking your answers with the given key answers!
3. Take corrective actions/measures based on your current performance!
Note: The links for the answers and explanations for these questions are given at the end!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Key Message/Advice: Practice...
Dear students, I strongly recommend you to practice different questions repeatedly before exam!
●●●●●●●●●●/ /●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Challenge-1
1. Haji: Why don't we visit Chebera Churchura?
Gorge: ________________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Is the administration under SNNP or the federal government?
B. I think the biggest problem is where to stay. There is no hotel there.
C. We have contributed money, though I don't know exactly how much.D. I've seen it on TV and they're now almost finishing it. Great achievement.
2. Ojulu: Would you join us for dinner? We are eating Out.
Bereket: ______________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Why do you want that?
B. Of course, very happily.
C. Restaurants are mushrooming.D. We went to the Hilton last time.
3. Colleague: We're going out for dinner tonight, aren't we?
You: ______ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. That restaurant is always busy.
B. I am not coming, if you don't mind.
C. How much money do we have for that?D. Are you a member of the Social Committee?
4. Amesu: When is your sister going to the university?
Yonas: _______ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. In my opinion, she is not going to do that. She is not interested.B. Addis Ababa University is her favorite choice.C. She wants to go to Dubai and work. They have bought her a ticket.
D. None of the universities will start within a month. They are not ready.
5. Chuchu: Your friend has got a good job, hasn't she?
Meklit: _______ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Getting a job is not very easy these days.B. Yes, she had got a job. I heard it is out of town.C. She graduated about five years back, you know.D. I feel that the offer is rather too low, birr 2500 a month.
6. Kebede: Do you think their plan is going to work out?
Nigist: ________(G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Good plan can sometimes fail.B. Who knows? Let's wait and see.C. Plans should be carefully discussed.D. By the way, who has masterminded it?
7. Bontu: Inflation is still on the rise in this country. Don't you think so?
Chaltu: _______ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. I am afraid, it is not.B. Is that still a double digit?C. What did you buy these days?D. How about demand-supply balance?
8. Biritu: The Prime Minister passed away. The news was on the radio.
Gelane: ________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Who said that he died?B. It could be true. I know he was ill.C. His supporters like him very much.D. He was so popular with his people.
9. Teacher: I always see Mimi and Bultum studying. They're working hard.
Colleague: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Maybe, they'll also need to do other things in between.B. Bultum is one of the very hardworking students in class.C. Great! There is a good chance they'll pass the nationality exam.D. You know, I teach them two subjects_Biology and Chemistry.
10. You: He wouldn't give me back my computer. What should I do?
Sister: ________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Unless you pay him back his money, he willnot do it.B. Is that the computer they gave you from your office?C. Doesn't he know that computers make life very easy?D. It is very difficult to do assignments without a computer.
Challenge-2
11. Kidane: I'm feeling dizzy.
Chaltu: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. Some feelings are difficult to manage.B. It sometimes, rains here.C. Perhaps you are right.D. If I were you, I'd see a doctor.
12. Tamrat: I'm finished with my girl friend.
Abebe: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. I'd rather you talk to her one more time.B. Who was her former boyfriend?C. I'm meeting mine this afternoon.D. How long have you been together?
13. Tadesse: Oh, dear! The car has just crashed.
Alemu: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. He must have been driving fast.B. It was a nice car.C. The driver must have been drunk.D. Come on. We must call an ambulance.
14. Shite: We're going to Lalibela for a tour next week. Isn't that marvellous?
Aster: _____________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. It might take a few days to get there.B. When are you planning to come back?C. Why do people spend money going around?D. Brilliant. You may also consider seeing Bahir Dar.
15. Sosina: ___________________
Nigisti: It may be good to see a doctor. (Entrance)
A. How about my back?B. My back is aching. What shall I do?C. My back seems-to be improving a lot.D. I have finished the tablets for my back.
16. Shashe: I wanted to buy a TV but I couldn't decide the brand.
Melat: _____________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. The best these days is Sony TLC.B. Most TV programs are really boring.C. Good TV cost over 50,000 birr now.D. I know someone who sell electronics stuff.
17. Tesfaye: The security guard tells me his wife has been hospitalized.
You: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. You know, I have never met his wife, have you?B. Really? Health care is very expensive these days.C. What a pity! Who takes care of the children then?D. Perhaps we could contribute some money and help.
18. Alemu: She has a bad headache. She always suffers.
Densamo: ___________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. I hate headaches.B. Shall we give her pain killers?C. Has she been working for long?
D. Headaches are sometimes so bad.
19. Director: We are going to suspend that student who broke the window.
Unit Leader: _____________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Such misconducts are becoming a fashion.B. I agree. That would be an essential measures.C. Which section does he belong to? Section 4?D. Amazing! Why do some students like to misbehave?
20. Bulti: The enemy is approaching. We have to evacuate soon.
Gebrai: ______________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Who else is evacuating?B. This area is ideal for them.C. Perhaps, we might need to do that.D. I think, they have soldiers in excess of us.
Challenge-3
21. Abebe: Let us contribute to the building of the Renaissance Dam.
You: _____________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Splendid! I can't agree more.B. l was really proud when I visited it.C. What is the position of Egypt now?D. How much of it has been completed?
22. Shitaye: I suggest that we give some money to famine victims.
Osman: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. Drought, comes every ten years.B. Have people been displaced by the famine?C. That's a good idea!D. Children suffer most during famine.
23. Kebede: Women should stay at home.
Degefa: _________ (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. They do the house work.B. They were easily angry.C. I totally disagree with you.D. They are weak creatively.
24. Brother: Isn’t the day so wet? Even then, I suggest we go for a short walk.
Sister: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2004)
A. I can’t agree less.B. Do you have a rain coat?C. It has been like that all morning.D. If we drive, we can get there faster.
25. Senbeta: This place has enormously changed. Isn’t that surpising?
Solomon: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2004)
A. Yes, I wish you were here.B. They demolished everything.C. Sure. I can’t believe it myself.D. All this has changed very fast.
26. Student: She is not herself today. What has gone wrong?
Friend: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2004)
A. She is sometimes angry.B. She doesn’t like people to talk to her.C. Her friends’s car has broken down.D. She saw her boyfriend with another girl.
27. Sori: It has been wet all day. We just couldn't go out.
Hori: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Wet days can be freezing.B. It was so boring, wasn't it?C. I know. This is your holiday.D. Did you want to go to work?
28. You: I know your favorite pastime.
Your friend: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. No. you don't.B. No, you. aren't.C. I like swimming.D. I don't play tennis.
29. Mimi: I gues our driver was thrown out. Anyways, it was predictable.
Kuku: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015)
A. I don't understand what he threw out.B. I'm sorry I didn't follow what you said.C. I think he and his boss were great friends.D. It was a serious accident and he lost a hand.
30. Berhnau: Sorry, I used your trainers.
You: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2004)
A. I am sure you know that they are very expensive.B. These are American-made trainers – so comfortable.C. How disappointing! You know I haven’t even used them.D. I think I am going to use them for my completion next week.
Click here to get "Detail Explanations for these Questions about Communicative Activities" with:
☞ Exam Technique
☞ Brief Rules Summaries
☞ Exam Technique
☞ Brief Rules Summaries
Click here to get "Answers for these Questions (Communicative: Part-1)!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Click on the next related links:
- Explanations for Entrance Questions about Communicative Activities
- Answers for Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-1)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-1)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-2)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-3)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Credit to Ministry of Education (Ethiopia)
1. The above and all other Entrance questions (on Yes Smart Education) are taken from Grade 12 Ethiopian University Entrance Exams: English (prepared by Ministry of Education: Ethiopia):
- For example, the above questions are taken from English Exams (Entrance): Communicative Activities Section!
2. These questions are collected, compiled and presented by Million Abebe!
3. I (Million) would to thank and give big credit for Ministry of Education (Ethiopia)
Note:
- The word "Entrance" refers to Grade 12 Ethiopian University Entrance Exams/ recently called "Ethiopian Secondary Schools Leaving Certificate Exam"!
- All the years are according to Ethiopian calendar; some years are purposefully removed...!
■■■■■■■■■ / /■■■■■■■■■■■
Click me!
All our contents in one place (Both English and Aptitude)
- Smart Notes [ALL]
- G-12 Entrance Questions [ALL]
- Explanations for Entrance [ALL]
- Exam Techniques [ALL]
- Study Techniques [ALL]
- Answers [ALL]
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

