[Part-3] Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities with Answers, Explanations, Exam Techniques (Part-3)

===========●●●●=============
===========●●●●=============
By Million Abebe (Masters in English and B. Ed. Degree in Pedagogy)
===========●●●●==============


Instruction-1: Choose the best answer that complete the given dialogue! 
Instruction-2: Do the next 3 key things while practicing these and any other practice questions:
1. Practice/do these questions by writing the answers on pieces of paper!
2. Get correction by cross-checking your answers with the given key answers!
3. Take corrective actions/measures based on your current performance!

Challenge-1
1. Chemeda: Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to the nearest station?
Zemedkun: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Sorry. I'm a stranger here myself.     
B. Stations are big in this city.
C. Many people line up in the station.
D. Why would you like to go to the station?
2. Ujulu: I heard that girl is very hard-working. She always stands first.
Hagos: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Girls are mostly like that.                   
B. Where does she come from?
C. What is more, she is well-behaved.  
D. Do you know her younger sister?
3. Shaket: They lost their grandma only a month ago.
     Sosina: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Who is their grandma?                          
B. Sad! Their uncle is also critically ill.
C. Grandmas spoil their grand children. 
D. They used to talk about her.
4. Demeku: How is the weather?
     Azalech: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. It's summer here                          
B. Phew! It's hot.
C. What is the weather forecast?  
D. Wow, they are enjoying the sun.
5. Boss: What was their argument in brief?
    Subordinate: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Yes, they always like to argue.
B. Majority were not arguing strongly.
C. They want the group to leave now.
D. They just kept talking. Nothing brief.
6. Mammo: Are you coming to the party?
     Mamitu: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Only if I finish the assignment.
B. You like going to parties.
C. Who told you I am throwing a party?
D. How many parties have I got that day?
7. Yihun: Poor Lili! She lost all her money.
    Jember: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. She is not very poor.             
B. How much money was it?
C. Was she walking around?   
D. What a pity! How come?
8. Marta: This is the pair of shoes I bought last week.
     Ariat: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Leather shoes last very long.     
B. Did you really need one?
C. So fashionable, isn't it?                
D. What size do you usually wear?
9. Lelisa: Shall we walk or take a bus?
     Jigsa:  _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Tell me. Why do you ask?              
B. Come on! We'd rather take a bus.
C. Have you walked all morning?    
D. Do you always take buses?
10. Aster: Jim and Jane are marrying next week.
       Beli: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. There are so many wcddings to take place next week.
B. Jane is so beautiful that all the boys around like her.
C. I don't think they would make a good couple.
D. I know Jim loves her, but she was going out with someone else.
Challenge-2
11. Student: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
      Friend: If I were you, I would report to the campus police.
A. My ID is missing. What shall I do?
B. I saw them fighting. Anything serious?
C. Where are my books? I left them all here.
D. There is a mob dancing down there. So strange!
12. Didi: I heard you won the scholarship.
       Dunka: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. This is one of the best scholarships.   
B. Twenty of us applied for it.
C. I won't be bothered if I don't.               
D. Sure, I knew I would.
13. Alemu: Sounds like you had a boring day. Did anything interesting happen?
      Feyissa: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. What's interesting?
B. Often many things happen, but few may take our attention.
C. Many things happen in this city.       
D. Not really. Don't think so.
14. Tesfa: Who walks on all fours in the morning, two in the afternoon and three in the evening?
      Soliana: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. A hyena   
B. A cow 
C. A man   
D. An amputee
15. Nigusu: The wot was too spicy. I just couldn't eat it.
       Nibrete:  _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Gosh! Wasn't the taste also horrible?  B. Was it shiro wot or something else?
C. We didn't need any wot, as a matter of fact.
D. Are you hungry now? Let's go out for dinner.
16. Shumi: Exams are round the corner. We have to work hard.
       Meseret: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I coudn't agree more, Shumi.      
B. This semester is too short:
C. Most of the students are. lazy.     
D. I'lIl sit in the corner and study.
17. Neima: I'm worried. I'm performing awfully poor this year.
       Kulani: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. What courses did you fail?   
B. Night clubs don't help. Get down and study!
C. Yes, I know a lot of students are.
D. Did you tell me that your dorm mate also flunked?
18. Bertukan: My new boyfriend loves me a lot.
      Mamitu: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. What is his name, please?            
B. Did you break up with Temesgen?
C. He is very handsome, isn't he?   
D. Isn't that rather too soon to say?
19. Elsa: What shall we do about our politicians? They are all corrupt.
      Frehiwot: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Corruption has now become rampant.
B. You don't have to say that. There are some honest ones.
C. I don't think politicians in the West are corrupt.
D. Politics and corruption are the same in third world. Don't you think?
20. Tourist: The roads in the city are dilapidated.
      Friend: _____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. They are better in the countryside.
B. Yeah, they should have at least been patched.
C. There are more pressing problems, though.
D. You know, the world economy is in a problem.

21. Almaz: This plate fell off the cabinet but it didn't break.
      Husband: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015)
A. These days, plates are not like that.    
B. Please, keep the plates in a safe place.
C. How nice! It seems to be made of porceclain.
D. You are being rather too careless these days. 
22. Bachere: _______________________
Galgalo: If I were you, I would go home and take rest. (G-12: Entrance: 2006)
A. What a bad headache. It is like migraine.
B. How about going home? I have a bad headache.
C. I have got a bad headache. I have had it since morning.
D. What a bad headache. I have never had this kind before.
23. Belay: My house has been broken into. I am thinking of hiring security.
      Amare: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. When does that happen?                      
B. You may also report to the police.
C. Why do they do such a nasty thing?     
D. In fact, that happens to a number of people. 
24. Your friend: Politics is a dirty game.
     You: _______. (G-12: Entrance: 1998)
A. It depends!
B. I am not politician. 
C. It's surprising, isn't it?
D. I can't play game; I have got to study.
25. Your friend: Do you agree with me that she is a bad woman?
You: _____ (G-12: Entrance: 1998)
A. Most women are like her.
B. Of course, I do.
C. But, I have not seen her these days. Where is she?
D. You know this is not good for the children.
26. You: How old are you?
       Lidet: ____________. (G-12: Entrance: 2006)
A. Twenty-two 
B. My sister is 18
C. Old enough for marriage
D. I'm the youngest in the family
27. Abraham: You should really apologize to your parents. 
      Tizazu: _______________ (G-12: Entrance: 2009)
A. Why? I don’t care what they think! 
B. Mistakes are inevitable. 
C. It was a crowded classroom. 
D. Yes, my parents apologized. 
28. Friend: ______________.
       You: You should loosen your belt. (G-12: Entrance: 2010)
A. I have got stomachache 
B. I ate too much
C. I am terribly hungry 
D. I am starved to death 
29. Student: Sir, we've won the inter-school competition. Our school stood first.
Director: __________ (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. This is our first time to participate.
B. Wasn't the competition stiff as such?
C. Really? I actually knew two of the judges.
D. What great news! I'm pleased to hear that.
30. Interviewer: ____________________ 
Jorgie: Actually, my interest is in fashion designing. (G-12: Entrance: 2015: N)
A. Do you like fashion designing?
B. Did I hear you like fashion designing?
C. Could you tell me about your interest?
D. Why are you interested in fashion designing?
Click here to get "Answers for these Questions (Communicative: Part-3)!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Click on the next related links:

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Credit to Ministry of Education (Ethiopia)
1. The  above and all other Entrance questions (on Yes Smart Education) are taken from Grade 12 Ethiopian University Entrance Exams: English (prepared by Ministry of Education: Ethiopia):
  • For example, the above questions are taken from English Exams (Entrance): Communicative Activities Section!
 2. These questions are collected, compiled and presented by Million Abebe!
3. I (Million) would to thank and give big credit for Ministry of Education (Ethiopia)
Note
  • The word "Entrance" refers to Grade 12 Ethiopian University Entrance Exams/ recently called "Ethiopian Secondary Schools Leaving Certificate Exam"!
  • All the years are according to Ethiopian calendar; some years are purposefully removed...!










Yes Smart Education

We provide research-based smart supportive education materials and services in various options (websites, YouTube, Telegram, TikTok, Facebook...) for grades 9-12 students and teachers for free (English and Aptitude/SAT)!

Post a Comment

Previous Next

نموذج الاتصال