===========●●●●=============
Welcome to Yes Smart Education >> G-12 Entrance+
===========●●●●=============
By Million Abebe (Masters in English and B. Ed. Degree in Pedagogy)
===========●●●●==============
Instruction-1: Choose the best answer that complete the given dialogue!
Instruction-2: Do the next 3 key things while practicing these and any other practice questions:
1. Practice/do these questions by writing the answers on pieces of paper!
2. Get correction by cross-checking your answers with the given key answers!
3. Take corrective actions/measures based on your current performance!
Note: The links for the answers and explanations for these questions are given at the end!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Challenge-1
1. Lensa: My spoken English is really horrible; ________?
Zemzem: Practice speaking every day in front of your friends. (G-12: Entrance)
A. why you learn EnglishC. what is yours likeB. do you like EnglishD. what should I do
2. Student:___________________
Teacher: Yes. This will be our tomorrow's lesson. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Could you explain to me about active and passive voices?B. When do you teach us about active and passive voices?C. Who knows about active and passive voices?D. You could learn active and passive voices.
3. Friend: What do you think unemployment will be like in the future?
You:_________________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I am sure today’s children won’t expect a job from the governmentB. In my opinion, none of a working age will be unemployedC. I think unemployment is a universal problem these daysD. Think about today; tomorrow is another day
4. Teacher: __________________
Parent: You are right, wearing a uniform should be compulsory for class attendance. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Isn't it very disappointing to see students in the classroom without their uniformB. Is it very disappointing to see students in the classroom without their uniformC. When do we see students in the classroom without their uniformD. Why do we see students in the classroom without their uniform
5. Husband: Six people died and three were injured in a car accident today. Wife:______ Has the cause been known? (G-12: Entrance)
A. Look after yourself on the road.C. I am sorry to say this.B. Never trust a car driver.D. What a terrible news!
6. Abeya: I think that education is the only way to live a better life?
Temesgen: True, but I should say ________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. going to college is not mandatoryB. perhaps we need to learn furtherC. perhaps it is one among the fewD. going to college is simple
7. Neighbor: Today's youths have a much wider access to information than those who lived in the past.
Father: Yes, but ____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. it's good to remember those who lived in the past were less intelligentB. the trouble is they are indiscriminate in their choice of informationC. we should appreciate the unlimited interest of today's youthD. the main point is they do not read all that comes their way
8. Teacher: Tell me the reasons why learning English is important to you.
Student: _______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. To begin with, English is a compulsory school subjectB. As a matter of fact, we learn English five days a weekC. Believe it or not, my written English is very goodD. Firstly, English is not my favourite school subject
9. Mother: Why are you going so early today?
Daughter: _________ Mom. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Nobody said it is earlyC. In order to get a front seatB. Mind your own businessD. It is not very early
10. Husband: Where would you like us to go for dinner?
Wife: __________ I like their French toast. (G-12: Entrance)
A. How about trying Haile Grand Hotel?B. I do not have enough money for dinner.C. I do not care about dinner tonight.D. Is your sister going with us?
11. Ararso: What is your opinion about the need for college education?
Jirata: ______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. What is the requirement to join college?B. I feel certain that it's absolutely necessary.C. None of my children joined college.D. I think I've a good idea about it.
12. Mother: Tell me why schools are closed in Kiremt in Ethiopia.
Daughter: ___________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Did you learn year-long yourself?B. Nobody likes going to school.C. I hate Kiremt, Mom.D. I haven't any clue, Mom.
13. Ahmed: ___________________
Samson: You know why? He is such a funny boy that he makes everyone laugh. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Do you like to sit next to Solomon in the classroomB. Where do many students like to sit in the classroomC. Why do many students like to sit next to SolomonD. Is Solomon a funny boy
14. Kidist: _____________
Hana: With sugar, please. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Would you prefer your coffee with or without sugarB. How much sugar do you like in your coffeeC. Is it good to drink coffee without sugarD. Do you like your coffee with sugar
15. Student: Today, I'm interviewing Business Managers to give me some idea about the field. Let me begin by __________
Manager: To put it simply, I joined the department because I wanted to learn how to run my own business. (G-12: Entrance)
A. asking you how you decided to study business managementB. telling you the history of the field in our contextC. telling you a few important things about the fieldD. explaining job opportunities in the field
16. Father: _______________?
Mother: He did not get full mark on his English exam. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Why is Zena cryingB. How is Zena crying
C. Who is crying Zena
D. When is Zena crying
17. Lilu: ______________
Maria: I'm sorry; I'm a stranger too. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Could you tell me where the director's office is?B. Hi, you know the director's office, don't you?C. Where is the director's office, if I may ask?D. I am sorry to say that, but I got lost.
18. Nuru: Well done, Daniel! You got an A grade on your Maths.
Daniel: Really?___________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. A good achievement, isn't itB. Thank you for the good news.C. I'm glad you liked it.D. Nice work, isn't it?
19. Friend: _______________I'm almost blind in the dark.
You: Don't worry about it. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Will you forgive me for stepping on your foot?B. I shouldn't have stepped on your foot.C. Excuse me for stepping on your foot.D. Did I step on your foot?
20. Daughter: I think brilliant students should be exempted from cost-sharing.
Mother: _________________ money shouldn't be a reward for good work. (G-12: Entrance)
A. No, I don't accept this foolish ideaB. I am afraid I can't agreeC. This is stupidD. Shut up
Challenge-2
1. Secretary: May I help you?
Visitor: _______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Why do you ask?B. What kind of help?C. What do you mean?D. Can I see the boss, please?
2. Kuku: ___________________
Lili: Delicious! The cook must be great. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Was the cook so good?B. Did you enjoy the dinner?C. What was the dinner like?D. What does the dinner like?
3. Student: _________________
Friend: Certainly. Imagine he wasn't in our group! (G-12: Entrance)
A. Do they like Gebre?B. Isn't Gebre so entertaining?C. Isn't Gebre always laughing?D. Is Gebre doing our assignment?
4. Belay: Everybody should contribute. This is for the good of the community.
Kiros: _________________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I can't agree more.B. Can eVerybody afford it?C. Health centres are important.D. Each of us is to pay birr 5000.
5. Brother: Life is getting more and more expensive here. Shall we leave for another place?
Sister: _________________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. How much do you earn now?B. I guess it is the same everywhere.C. How much do you need for your food?D. True! Everybody is complaining these days.
6. Nana: Dad is getting us a new TV set. I am excited.
Chala: __________________(G-12: Entrance)
A. I can't believe that!B. Is your dad rich enough?C. How much is he going to pay?D. Many people around do not have a TV set
7. Tola: Let's go out for a drink.
Bereket: _________________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Who else is coming?B. Why do you like drinks?C. Drinks are means of socializing.D. I would rather like going to the theatre.
8. Alem: __________________
Thomas: No way! I'll need it tomorrow. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Do you need your money back soon?B. When should I pay you back the money?C. Can I pay you back the money next week?D. Do you need your money back tomorrow?
9. Bontu: Did you know she took your camera?
Chaltu: _______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I know she is very bad.B. Cameras need care to handle.C. This is not just ordinary camera.D. How dare she? She didn't ask me for it.
10. Lilu: Hi Beza. It's me.
Beza: Hello, Lilu! Where _____ all day? (G-12: Entrance)
A. were youB. are youC. have you beenD. had you been
11. Tamrat: Well, let's go to the cinema
Hailu: ______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Do we have time to study?B. When did we go there last?C. Ok. Which film do you want to?D. Sylvester Stallone is a very great actor.
12. Teacher: What are your favorite things to do at weekends?
Student: ______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I like sight-seeing.B. I don't quite like shopping.C. I'm going swimming this weekend.D. I'm not doing anything this weekend.
13. Abebe: Why did you go to Gambella?
Kibret: _______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. It is very hot there.B. To visit my birth place.C. It is a rapidly growing townD. The people are very friendly
14. Teacher: What was the weather like here yesterday?
Student: ________________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. It rains every day.B. I think it is a lovely day.C. It was sunny and warm.D. I did not go out yesterday.
15. Teacher: How do you like your younger sister?
Student: ______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. She's a smart girl.B. She's my favorite.C. She's still at school.D. She's not old enough for marriage.
16. You: Good morning, ___________
Guest: No, thanks. (G-12: Entrance)
A. Can I help?B. What's the matter?C. How do you do?D. Can I have coffee please?
17. Teacher: __________________
Student: I get out of bed. (G-12: Entrance)
A. What time do you get up?B. Do you ever get up before six?C. Who gets up first in your family?D. What do you do first in the morning?
18. Abera: Excuse me. Can you tell me the time, please?
Bekele: ____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. It's after breakfast.B. There is no time around here.C. I'm sorry. I don't have a watch.D. Never mind. I don't have a watch.
19. Passenger 1: Excuse me, I think those seats facing the front are ours
Passenger 2: ____________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. Oh, I'm sorry. We know they were reserved.B. Oh, what a shame! I like seats facing the front.C. I'm afraid the seats are not comfortable enough.D. Oh, I'm sorry. We did not know they were reserved.
20. Father: I think you'll pass this examination with very good grades. You have been studying hard over the last months.
Son: ______________ (G-12: Entrance)
A. I haven't decided yet my field of study.B. I can't tell you about my excitement, Dad.C. I think I won't pass the exam. I did not study hard, actually.D. I don't think I'll pass the exam. I did not study hard enough.
Click this link to get the Answers for Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-2)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆END☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Click on the next related links:
- Explanations for Entrance Questions about Communicative Activities
- Answers for Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-1)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-1)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-2)
- Communicative: Grade 12 Entrance: English Exam Questions about Communicative Activities (Part-3)

